Reading, UK – July, 2020: As the world begins to turn a corner in the fight against this latest viral threat it demonstrates the need to make changes to the systems and processes that we have to guide our day to day lives.
All companies have an important part to play in this process and whilst it is impossible to remove every element that poses an opportunity to pass germs and contagions from one person to the next we can all help to minimise them.
Reducing risk of Covid-19 transfer
For companies like Access-IS we have over the past few years been moving towards a more and more contactless environment. If fact, products like our TripTick ATR220 and VAL100 Ticket Validator reduce risk on a number of levels: -
- Firstly, these devices read multiple technologies from a single point of presentation, in any orientation without the need for the device to touch down. The fewer the number of devices to be maintained and cleaned, the lower the risk of passing contagions.
- Secondly, these devices read barcodes, from printed tickets, mobile phones, watches and now even take contactless payments. This means passengers and customers can have their ticket read and validated and make fare payments without having to speak to a member of staff or having had to physically come into contact with anything that someone else has already touched.
Whilst not contact free, even our passport and ID reading devices like ATOM® can lower the risk by helping to automate passenger and customer journeys reducing the number of physical touch points and preventing the need for passengers documents to be handled by a third party.
Preparing for future Coronavirus outbreaks
In the world post the Covid-19 lockdown there will be opportunities to improve our preparedness for the future outbreaks. Ticketing technologies like this are a small, but effective way of making improvements.
Access-IS is at the forefront of the development of innovative electronic systems, specialising in image processing, RFID/NFC and contactless EMV payment technology, barcode reading and specialist keyboards. Access-IS is dedicated to manufacturing products designed to accurately capture and transfer information into electronic systems.
Operating in over 72 countries around the globe in three highly specialised verticals; Airline/Airport, ID & Security and Transport Ticketing
- Found in over 35 of the world’s largest airports, Access-IS Airports & Airlines division is a world leader in the design and manufacture of technology for reading barcodes, RFID/NFC & passports/ID cards for a range of applications from check-in to boarding.
- Access-IS ID & Security products are designed to read e-Passport, e-ID and e-DL for governmental and commercial applications. From the world’s smallest OEM OCR reader to our advanced full-page passport reader, we have a product for every application; Border control, Immigration, Document Issuance, Law Enforcement, Banking, Retail, Data Capture, KYC or Anti-Money Laundering and Age Verification.
- Our Transport & Ticketing products are designed with the customer experience at their heart. Access-IS has pioneered ticket readers and validators which can quickly and easily read tickets of all media types, including paper barcode, mobile barcode, smartcard, contactless bank cards, mobile payments, NFC, all from a single point of presentation. Our unique TripTick® devices now add contactless EMV payments to that same, single point of presentation. Our trusted products are installed; on trains, trams and buses; at ticket offices, gate lines and ticket vending machines; in offices, car parks and stadia to name but a few.
Accredited to ISO9001:2015 and with a track record stretching back 30 years, Access-IS continues to guarantee the highest standards of design and quality with its dedicated Research and Development team based in the UK and the vast majority of its products manufactured in the UK with only the highest quality materials and techniques.